In these weird and crazy times getting together around the table and enjoying a meal with your family is what we need right now – If we like it or not 🙂
This recipe is a staple in our house and my toddlers LOVE it which is a big plus when trying to make something that everyone can agree on. I first got the idea for this recipe from Joanna Gaines – Magnolia Table Cookbook. I have made it so many times that I have changed a lot of the recipe to fit our family but I definitely thank her for giving the inspiration to create my own recipe. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
P.S. This dish goes great with Scout and Cellar (click link) Field House White Wine Blend! Click the Scout and Cellar link to find more wines that are delivered to your door step.
1 Lb Spaghetti
4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (I use unsalted so I am alway in control of the amount of Salt I am cooking with)
1/2 Cup Sweet Yellow Onion
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Cup Shiitake Mushroom
1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Mozzarella
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 LB Chicken
Ok, Lets get cooking:
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray casserole dish with Non-stick spray (I use avocado spray)
- Next, I cook my Butcher Box ( Click Link for $30 off your first box) chicken in my Instant Pot because I cook almost everything in my Instant Pot:
- Place Chicken, half a cup chicken stock, 1/2 tsp garlic, salt and pepper in pot.
- Close lid and seal vent.
- Set pressure cook for 18 minutes, if frozen 20 minutes.
- When done let it naturally release for 5 mins. Then take an oven mitt and open vent. Then shred chicken. Reserve broth for later.
- While the chicken is cooking bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti as directed on the box. Then set aside…. BUT make sure you put olive oil of the noddles so they don’t stick together.
- Now grab a deep pot:
- Melt butter, add onions & saute’ till soft then add 1/2 tsp Garlic for 30 seconds. ***Only 30 seconds or it will burn and NOBODY likes burnt garlic. Then add mushrooms and cook around 2-3 minutes depending on the mushroom you choose.
- Stir in milk and yogurt slowly.
- Grab that Stock that you used in the instant pot and pour into pot slowly and keep stirring.
- Add Cheddar and Mozzarella and stir. Don’t stop stirring till cheese is melted or it will burn on the bottom of the pan. TRUST!
- Add Chicken and Pasta into pot and mix.
- Then transfer to Casserole dish.
*A tip from Joanne – Use Tongs to transfer the spaghetti and swirl each new addition to make little nest. I love this tip because it makes it sooooooo much easier to remove accurate positions.
- Foil dish and place in oven for 20 minutes. Then remove foil and cook an addition 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before plating.
Stay safe and hungry my friends!